When a plan is developed, the next step is to investigate college options, fulfill admissions requirements, apply to possible college options, and pursue financial aid and scholarships.
• Utilize college websites for detailed information on requirements, deadlines, programs of study, costs.
• Set up dates to take college entrance tests and preparation times.
• Organize time to visit college campuses
• Discuss setting up visit, preparation for visit, and what to look for on visit.
• Review application process, including requirements and timeline.
• Submit applications to colleges.
• Use resources to investigate scholarship possibilities.
• Fill out FAFSA to determine needs-based financial aid.
Contact College Planning Specialist, Tom Shively, to learn more about the college planning process.